20.5.05

Let's reach out to the 'nobodies'

Quote for today - from my Norwegian brother Peacechild:

‘We believe the whole community will be changed downside up’

I like that! It sounds to me like the Jesus approach. Let's not waste too much time and energy trying to convince the BIG GUYS with their BIG OPINIONS. Let's bring the good news to the meek and humble people in -and outside- our society. This is what I've read this morning:

Take a good look, friends, at who you were when you got called into this life. I don't see many of "the brightest and the best" among you, not many influential, not many from high-society families. Isn't it obvious that God deliberately chose men and women that the culture overlooks and exploits and abuses, chose these "nobodies" to expose the hollow pretensions of the "somebodies"? That makes it quite clear that none of you can get by with blowing your own horn before God. Everything that we have--right thinking and right living, a clean slate and a fresh start--comes from God by way of Jesus Christ. That's why we have the saying, "If you're going to blow a horn, blow a trumpet for God." [1 Corinthians 1 - The Message]

Please read the whole chapter here. It is great!



Our Humble God

Somebody has got to do it... Beautiful art work by Howard Banks. I nicked this picture from the Google image browser, while waiting for Howard's kind approval... Yes, I've asked for it. But sometimes it is easier to receive forgiveness than to get permission. Let's find out.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Attn Howard Banks

Dear Howard,
I saw an image of your beautiful painting our-humble-god while googling for an appropriate image to illustrate an entry on my weblog. You can find it here: http://paulabspoel.blogspot.com/2005/05/lets-reach-out-to-nobodies.html
Do you mind that I have added and adapted this image? If so, I will remove it immediately. If you are happy with it: thanks a million (figuratively speaking, I'm afraid). Adios, Paul Abspoel
Feel free to leave a comment on my site.