15.5.05

It's a big, big house

The title of this posting is taken from Audio Adrenaline's song Big House: "Come and go with me - to my Father's house..." This song (about Heaven) came to my mind after reading an interesting discussion that is going on at Messychristian's blog about X-Large church buildings. Certainly worth reading!



Why should church buildings get so much financial, physical, and social attention that is rightly due to the needs of Christians and others?-Kofo Olomu, Cotonou, Benin

source

I attend a big church (big for Dutch standards!) in Hoofddorp. We don't have a giant cathedral, but a multi-functional place that used to be a barn (for bringing in the harvest!).

I just want to inform you about the interesting discussion at MessyChristian's blog - I am reading all the comments on her posting without adding a reply myself. I know that there are some churches in the Netherlands with ambitious plans for huge buildings. It may be necessary to build big houses for God's people, but this is the kind of situation where you could ask yourselves: WWJD?

No comments: