15.5.05

DELIRIOUSLY DOUBLE DUTCH




The One that God sent speaks God's words. And don't think he rations out the Spirit in bits and pieces. [John 3:34] Hij die door God gezonden is, spreekt de woorden van God, en God schenkt de Geest in overvloed. [Johannes 3:34] Denn er ist von Gott gesandt und verkündigt Gottes eigene Worte, weil Gott ihn den Geist ohne jede Einschränkung gegeben hat. [Johannes 3:34] El que viene de arriba está por encima de todos; el que es de la tierra, es terrenal y de lo terrenal habla. El que viene del cielo está por encima de todos [Juan 3:34] En effet, l'envoyé de Dieu dit les paroles mêmes de Dieu, car Dieu lui donne son Esprit sans aucune restriction. [Jean 3:34] Sá sem Guð sendi, talar Guðs orð, því ómælt gefur Guð andann. [Jóhannesarguðspjall 3:34] Perché lui, che è stato mandato da Dio, parla da parte di Dio, che dà il suo Spirito senza limiti. [Giovanni 3:34] Denne man, som är sänd av Gud, talar Guds ord. Gud har gett honom sin Ande i obegränsat mått. [Johannes 3:34] Thi han, hvem Gud udsendte, taler Guds Ord; Gud giver nemlig ikke Ånden efter Mål. [Johannes 3:34]

This is my Deliriously Double Dutch Pentecost Poem... Just try to make sense of it in your own language! If you can't understand my funny language, read my comment or try this

tongentaal

laat mij
over woorden vallen
lachwekkend grijpen
naar ontastbaar leven
ik wil machteloos
benoemen
wat onvoorstelbaar is

geef me de muziek
van uw liefde
bestook mijn hoofd
bespeel mijn hart
la, la, la, laveloos

laat maar gaan
dronken zal ik dansen
schreeuwen zonder schroom

schilder alle kleuren
van uw ongekende wijsheid
op wat zal ik zeggen

vang me in de geuren
laat mij snuiven
van hoe noem je dat

raak mij aan
ontsteek de vlam
brand door

laat mijn tong
maar dubbelslaan
mijn ogen barsten
van onbeschrijfelijk licht

lippen als een eeuwig o
ademloos happend naar u

zo wil ik weer
schaamteloos verliefd zijn
huilend juichen en omhelzen
van regels loskomen
mezelf en iedereen
schandelijk verbazen

hemel gooi de deuren open
engelen schuif opzij
ik wil erbij


This poem was written for Pentecost Grid Blog, May 15, 2005. Check the details at the Pentecost Grid Blog. This is one of many blog entries around the globe, and you can go here for a full list. For an English translation of my poem, click on comments!

1 comment:

Paul said...

Hellolujah! :-)

OK, let me try to translate my Deliriously Double Dutch Pentecost Poem into English for you (now I do need the help of the Spirit!) Feel free to read it, blog it, share it, dance it, sing it... But Give God The Credit!

SPEAKING IN TONGUES

let me trip over my own words
reaching out ridiculously
to intangible life
powerless i want to describe
what can not be imagined

give me the music
of your love
pursue my head
play with my heart
da, di, da, deliriously

just let go
i will dance like drunk
shout without shame

paint all the colours
of your unknown wisdom
on what shall I say

catch me in the fragrances
let me sniff
from whatever it is called

touch me
light my fire
burn through

let my tongue
use doublespeak
let my eyes explode
from indescribable light

lips like an eternal O
breathlessly grasping for U

that’s how I want to be
shamelessly in love again
crying, shouting and hugging
released from rules
scandalously
amazing everybody

heaven throw open your gates
angels step aside
i want to join