23.5.05

A fun day with my colleagues in Friesland

Today we had our yearly 'team building day' with my colleagues from our publishing house. We went to Makkum (in Friesland) and we had a nice boat trip together (with sunny weather!)
The pictures are showing the interior of a museum farm in Allingawier.





The people from Friesland are very sport-minded. This Northern Province is well-known for ice skating and some very funny local sports! One of these sports is developed by farmers who learned a kind of pole vaulting so they could cross drainage ditches and get from field to field. This sport is known as fierljeppen (in Frisian) or polsstokspringen (in Dutch).

Of course we also had to give it a try! I can tell you that I managed to jump over the ditch twice - without getting wet. It was great fun. Hopefully I can upload some nice pics soon!


Fierljeppen: pole vaulting for farmers...

No comments: