20.5.05

Google me!


I am using Google now to read, write, send and archive my email! It is still a beta version, but - knowing Google - you can rely on this service. Go to this page if you want to know more. And look here if you want to have a guided tour.

I am using abspoel at gmail dot com (I am trying to avoid spam) because I am the first member of my tribe who thought of claiming this address. I admit: I can be a bit sneaky at times...

Some of the advantages:
It is FREE (I am a Dutchman, remember?)
You have all the search options you can imagine to retrieve your messages and you never have to delete a message!
You can label your messages, use filters and forward incoming messages automatically to one of your existing email accounts.
With more than 2,000 megabytes of free storage, the typical user can go for years without deleting a single message.
This service is web-based (like hotmail), so you can use Gmail wherever you have access to the internet

With all these advantages, there's got to be a downside...
As a matter of fact: I haven't found any. The only thing is: you have to be 'invited' by other users to use this service, because it is still 'work in progress'. If you envy me - because I am one of the chosen few - let me know. I might invite you as well, as soon as I am allowed to do that!

No comments: