22.7.05

Teach the teacher

Sosha, our 11 year old daughter, told us about her teacher's reaction to the parable of the lost son. Her teacher, a nice young lady, told the class that she didn't quite understand the meaning of this famous parable. She thought that is was not right that the 'lost son' was welcomed home by his father with a party, while his hard-working, obeying brother never had such a celebration in his honour. 'That seems to be a bit unfair', the young teacher concluded.

Then Sosha explained to her teacher and the kids in her class that God throws a party in Heaven each time somebody comes back to Him, after wandering away from the Father. The teacher replied: 'I guess you are right about that...'

Yesterday - the last day before the summer holidays - the teacher had a positive message for all the boys and girls in class. To Sosha she said: 'I think you are a wise girl, because of your faith. I hope you have learned a few things from me, but I have certainly learned something from you! I've been thinking a lot about what you told me regarding that story of the lost son. I had to think about that explanation while I was driving home in my car and during the night before I could get to sleep'.

What about that!? I think this is a great testimony that makes me very proud and very glad at the same time. I trust that the heavenly Father is smiling at my girl and at her teachable teacher!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! I've had a quick look at some of your latest postings, and really like the tone of what you are writing.
Blessings

Meadow said...

That's wonderful. We can all learn from each other.

Mark said...

That is great your daughter has learned to share her faith with love and truth. Made my day!!

God smiles on those who are prepared to give an answer for the faith they have.

Grace and peace.

In Christ,

Some Random Girl said...

I love hearing about the faith of a child. My children are both incredibly spiritual. They love the Lord and are always thinking of ways to bring Him Glory. Good parenting and good influences also help! Keep up the good work! God Bless....thanks for your encouragement earlier too!