29.7.05

Power to Change

Following yesterday's post - please read these testimonies:

My life is so different now that I know Jesus. I’m just so happy. I feel so blessed. I can manage anything. You know, when God is in your life, nothing is impossible. Having a relationship with Him is so amazing. You get up in the morning and you know that you’re not alone. The big thing for me is to try to involve Him in everything I do. It can be a lonely place being on the road, living out of a suitcase - but when you’ve got “The Best” with you, you can handle anything! As I wrote in one of my songs, there’s such great hope out there, there’s a banner of hope when you come to know Jesus and begin to follow His word, when God becomes your God and gently calls you into a new way.
Moya Brennan (born as Máire Ní Bhraonáin, better known as Máire Brennan - singer from the Irish Celtic band Clannad)

Watching God heal our family and pull us off the road to divorce has been true adventure. It cost the government $400 million for me to walk three days on the moon—and it’s over. But to walk with Jesus is free, and it lasts forever.
Charles Duke (astronaut)

With God's help, I've been able to deal with the pain in my life. His healing hand came into my heart and touched me. It is miraculous what the Lord can do in a life when the reins are handed over to Him. God is so alive and real. With Him in control, I have a peace that lives and breathes in me, no matter what obstacles I face in my life.
Kelita Haverland (businesswoman / musician)

At 1:07 one morning, I turned my life over to Jesus Christ. I knew I had offended God with my pride, and I accepted the pardon made available through Christ. I gave Him control of my life, knowing it meant sharing it with my lab partner the next day. Funny thing: once I made my commitment, I eagerly anticipated that conversation. Pretty soon I was having more fun talking to people about Jesus Christ than discovering quasars at the edge of the universe.
Hugh Ross (astrophysicist)

The love of Christ makes us do what we do to win men. We believe that one man died for all people. To God it is as if we all died with him. He died for all, so that those who live would not live to please themselves. But they should live to please him who gave his life for them and rose again from death. So then we no longer know people by what we see on the outside. There was a time when we knew Christ that way, but now we do not know him that way any longer. So, if any man belongs to Christ, he is a new person. His old life has gone. You see, he has begun a new life. But it is God who has done all this. He sent Christ to make peace with us and to bring us back to himself. Now he has given us the work of bringing other people back to God.
[2 Corinthians 5:14-18 NIV]

Find out more
here

3 comments:

luis said...

hi, very interestin blogg.

Paul said...

Hi Luis,

Thanks! I just had a look at your blog - WOW, you are a very gifted artist!! Your paintings are stunning - I really like them (although it is hard for me to understand why you have painted these crucified bodies - but maybe you can let me know more about your ideas and sources of inspiration?)

If you want to see some artistic work from our side of the Atlantic, please check out the site of my brother Martin Abspoel: www.beeldendbrons.nl

Martin is a sculptor so he doesn't need written language to communicate - just like you ;-) However, there is a lot of text on his site in English, Spanish and other languages - check it out if you are interested.

Thanks for your visit, blessings from the Netherlands! Paul

Paul said...

PS I did read your postings with your explanation about the crucifixion theme, but it still confuses me a bit... In my world view Jesus took our place at the cross, so we don't have to bear the consequences of our sins and mistakes ourselves. "For the wages of sin is death; but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord" (Rom. 6:23). We don't have to "rescue the Human Being", because Jesus said: "It is finished". But maybe I just don't understand you - and if that is the case: please forgive me... I do admire your artistic skills and respect your motivation!