1.7.05

Scoring for Jesus

Players of the the Brazilian football team got some media attention this week with their JESUS LOVES YOU T-shirt messages, after winning the FIFA Confederations Cup in Germany (see my previous entry). I did some Googling tonight and found this amazing story on a German website. Read this and find out how the very brief T-shirt sermons started in the German football competition some time ago...
Jesus loves you anyway!
During a football match in Germany two Brazilian players from opposing teams showed a hidden message on their T-shirts to the public. Claudemir Jeronimo Barreto a.k.a. Cacau - in his first game for Nürnberg - scored first and showed his T-shirt with the text JESUS LIVES AND LOVES YOU! Zé Roberto scored the equalizer for Bayer 04 Leverkusen and had a similar message: JESUS LOVES YOU! source
Cacau, where did you get this idea of showing T-shirts with 'Jesus messages' ?
I saw it in Brazil first. When I became a Christian, I wanted to share this news with all the fans: "Jesus loves you".
You started your T-shirt mission after scoring your first Bundesliga goal. What did you think when Zé Roberto scored 1:1 and showed his T-Shirt with "Jesus loves you" ?
At first I was sad, because of the equaliser. But as soon as I saw his Jesus-Shirt, I was happy again.
...in fact, you were so happy that you went on and scored 2:1. Don't you think it must be difficult for God to answer prayers from players who are competing against each other?
No, because I never pray for victory. I pray that God will protect us against injuries and I pray that His will may be done.
And what is God's will?
I don't know... and that's exactly why I am praying! Because God loves me and He knows what's best for me. So it doesn't matter whether we win or lose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi! Good site!!! I´m brazilian and feel happy our soccer players are evangelizing there!!!
God bless!!!
Christie