17.3.05

London Book Fair 2005


From Sunday 13th through Tuesday 15th March I've been in England to attend the London Book Fair - which took place for the last time in the Olympia Exhibition Centre. Next year this event will move to a new venue (and I can see why). Both the Exhibition Centre and the Hotel 'Majestic' reminded me of the grandeur of days past... Let's say that the pictures give you a classy impression, but I guess the hotel hasn't changed much since Queen Victoria's reign (1837 to 1901). It was nice to be in London, though, and I had several pleasant and useful meetings with my foreign publishing partners. My first experience with easyJet was quite good: modern airplanes, friendly flight attendants and I arrived ahead of schedule, both in London (Luton) and in Amsterdam. Not bad for € 92,22! (Add £9.00 for a return ticket with Green Line for a special bus service between London Victoria Tube Station and London Luton).


Olympia Exhibition Centre

Majestic Hotel

No comments: