30.3.05

Christians are hard to tolerate, I don't know how Jesus does it


"Christians are hard to tolerate, I don't know how Jesus does it," said Bono, lead singer of the rock band U2, to which he added, "I'm one of them."

If you are a U2 addict like I am, you really have to read the book WALK ON, the Spiritual Journey of U2, by Steve Stockman. The author is an ordained minister within the Presbyterian Church of Ireland - he works in the Chaplaincy at Queen's University in Belfast and has his own radio show on BBC Ulster.

At Ark Boeken we have published the Dutch edition of this book - if you want to read more about it, click here. The original book is published by Relevant books.

Steve Stockman's Rhythm and Soul programme is aired on BBC Ulster 8.05 - 9.00 pm on Sundays. You can listen to Steve's latest radio show if you have Real Player installed - just click on listen on demand. I regularly listen to this show, because it is a good mixture of excellent music and thought provoking comments by 'Stocki'.

By the way: I do have tickets for the VERTIGO TOUR 2005 - and no, they are NOT for sale.

2 comments:

U2 Sermons said...

Wow, I had no idea that had been translated. We need to look for a Get Up Off Your Knees translator I guess!

Paul said...

Hi Beth,
Yes - we also did the Dutch edition of "Restless Pilgrim" (BOB DYLAN). Do you think "Get Up Off Your Knees" needs to be translated in Dutch as well?