8.3.05

Five Great Guitars



Last Friday I went to The Five Great Guitars - a guitar concert in my home town Hoofddorp - together with two of my brothers in law (Rob Koster and Ronald Bood). Rob invited us for this evening and we had a great time. Thank you Rob - I owe you one!
I think the guitarists were too modest to call their concert The Five Great Guitarists, although that name would have been very appropriate as well.
Digmon Roovers played bass on an acoustic guitar (!) with some amplifier effects
Eric Vaarzon Morel played Spanish acoustic guitar (nice name and a great flamenco maestro!)
Jan Kuiper played acoustic guitar (initiator of this tour and a true guitar virtuoso)
Harry Sacksioni played acoustic guitar (6 and 12-strings) and needs no introduction for guitar lovers - he is fabulous and I admire his skills and his enthusiasm!
Zou Diarra played a red electric semi-acoustic guitar (as cool and collected as BB King himself - always smiling while producing some terrific guitar and harp sounds. This guy also makes his own string instruments!)

If you ever have the opportunity to check out one of these great guitarists: don't miss it!

No comments: