9.10.05

Where is your God?


Thousands of people may have died yesterday in yet another part of this globe because of a powerful earthquake. My thoughts and prayers are with the people from Pakistan, northern India and Afghanistan.

Lord have mercy on us - vulnerable people living in this broken, suffering world.
My tears have been my food day and night, while men say to me all day long, "Where is your God?" Psalm 42 (you can also listen to God's Word here.)

Jesus told us:
"When you hear of wars and rumors of wars, do not be alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be earthquakes in various places, and famines. These are the beginning of birth pains." Read this in context (or listen here.)

I wrote about these birth pangs a couple of months ago - click here if you want to read that post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul,

Nice, but heavy post. Just posted something on my site (http://www.supergans.nl/scripts/postDetail.php?id=575) that is inspired by your post ;-)

Grtz,

Hans

ps really nice book you sent to me! Thnx again!