31.10.05

More statues from sculptor Karel Gomes

I wrote about my visits to the beautiful serene garden behind the Roman Catholic Church in Hoofddorp (read this). I almost bumped into sculptor Karel Gomes last Saturday, but didn't recognise him... Good news, Martin - one of my brothers and a gifted sculptor himself (check this out!) has made an appointment. I am looking forward to meeting the man who made these beautiful statues!

-click pics to enlarge-

Just look at this statue of Joseph the carpenter...

...and the same statue from a different angle with Mary, her aunt Elisabeth and her little baby boy Saint Johnny the Baptist
(just my guess...)

Jacob fighting with the angel

Father embracing his prodigal son

St Franciscus

Jesus carrying the cross with Simon
(part of the Way of the Cross - fourteen small bronzes)

No comments: