10.10.05

If one part suffers, every part suffers with it

"Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you." (Jesus in Matthew 5:10-12)



"Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it." (1 Corinthians 12:27)

If you are a follower of Jesus - and a member of his world-wide body - you must feel the pain of millions of persecuted believers around the globe. If you don't feel their pain - please ask yourself which part of the body is numb or not functioning properly...

PLEASE DON'T IGNORE THE SUFFERING OF YOUR BROTHERS AND SISTERS IN CHRIST AROUND THE GLOBE !



Do you feel powerless? Overwhelmed? Guilty? That will not change a thing. So, what CAN you do? Start reading about persecuted Christians! Find out what is going on world-wide by visiting the websites from organisations such as Voice of the Martyrs and Open Doors. Be informed, get involved, stay connected, share your knowledge and let your brothers and sisters know that you care. And don't forget to pray, pray, pray!

"For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and his ears are attentive to their prayer, but the face of the Lord is against those who do evil." (1 Peter 3:12)

Please also read this post

2 comments:

Some Random Girl said...

The verse that I opened your blog up to see what just what I needed. I have been having major problems with one of my family members who is a christian and she and I got into an argument which resulted in her calling me a liar and telling me F... You. I am not sure what to do about this. I am left with this big question of how to deal with this fight. I have made a small effort to try to talk to her but it hasn't worked so now I am leaving it in God's hands...He'll have to work on her heart.

Paul said...

The Lord knows... I didn't put this text on top of my entry initially - I just added this verse later because I thought it was so appropriate. Yes, the Lord's ways are higher.

This is what I want to say to you:
If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone. (Rom 12:18)

Sometimes it is not possible and sometimes it doesn't depend on you. Ask the Lord to give you wisdom in these circumstances.

As far as it depends ON YOU - live at peace with everyone. Yes - make an effort. Yes - go the extra mile. Yes - turn the other cheek. But NO - never let them steal your joy!

Please read 1 Peter - all chapters - it will do you good.

It is better, if it is God's will, to suffer for doing good than for doing evil. (1 Peter 3:17)

Blessings and keep the faith, my sister!
Paul