24.4.05

Not A Pretty Picture...



It is not difficult for me to show you a better looking self portrait than this photograph from a grumpy, tired 40+ male. But I chose this unflattering picture because I want to show the world what I look like if I don’t feel so great.

This picture captured me at one of my weaker moments. I had a tough day, I felt exhausted and I wasn’t in the mood for posing. So, this is how my wife and kids see me every now and then. And you know what? They still love me. I know: it’s a mystery!

Today someone said:

“Some things are loved because of their value
and some things are valued
because they are loved…”

Are your always trying to hide your true feelings? Are you giving everybody the impression that you are a happy, easy going, strong and self-confident person? Are you crying and hurting inside? Are you sick and tired of it all?

This is what Jesus says to you today:

I've loved you the way my Father has loved me.
Make yourselves at home in my love.
John 15:9

This is my command:
Love one another the way I loved you.

John 15:12

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ik vind deze posting indrukwekkender dan een héleboel andere.

Paul said...

Dank je.