9.4.05

Longing

Please read this quote and think about it today!

I can't go to the place where this man was born. Nobody knows exactly where it is. I can't go to the place where he died. Nobody knows where that is for sure, either. I can't enter a house where he lived. I can't step inside a fishing boat he used on occasion. I can't look at any of his clothing under glass in a museum. There are no strands of hair pressed between the pages of a book. No documents have ever been discovered bearing his handwriting. There are no recordings of his voice and there are no photographs taken of his likeness. I have not one single point of physical contact to satisfy my longing to make connection with the greatest hero of my life. But then, I really don't need to connect to some object of the past, because my hero is alive today. Jesus defeated death. And all I need to do is accept his promise that he is living in me. That is more than enough to satisfy my longing.
- Dan Stuecher (When I'm Coping With Loss)

None of this fazes us because Jesus loves us. I'm absolutely convinced that nothing--nothing living or dead, angelic or demonic, today or tomorrow, high or low, thinkable or unthinkable--absolutely nothing can get between us and God's love because of the way that Jesus our Master has embraced us.
Romans 8:37-39 from The Message

No comments: