14.11.05

Some impressions from my visit to the Abbey of Berne


Collage of pics from my visit to the Abbey of Berne in Heeswijk-Dinther (near 's-Hertogenbosch). I had an inspiring weekend here together with my friend Rik Bennik. Being the busy types that we are, it was good for both of us to have some peace and quiet. The Norbertijn monks are very friendly and it was quite an impressive experience to see how these devout believers live. The prayers, the sermons, the singing, the meals, the fellowship and the hospitality - this is what living in community is all about! But... I have to say that it is also great to be back with Lydia and the kids! I would like to go to a place like this twice a year - just to recharge the batteries and to have some quiet time with God. I can highly recommend a visit like this!
It was also great to go walking in this beautiful area. And I had plenty of time to read and write...
>
The Bible; My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers; Sacred Pathways - Discover Your Soul's Path to God by Gary Thomas and Revolution in World Missions by K.P. Yohannan Me with Rik Bennik standing in front of the Abbey of Berne

No comments: