26.11.05

An announcement, some thoughts about living in the light and an invitation...



I have been blogging for a year now - and I really enjoy it. I started writing my postings on the internet in my native language (Dutch), but switched over to English soon because that is the language of the world wide web. I am grateful for my language skills - but sometimes I feel limited by writing in English. Writing in Dutch comes naturally, because that is my first language. I want to continue this blog - because I highly appreciate the international contacts. On Panda's Ponderings I will keep on bloggin' about all the things that I like to do, read and see. I will also comment on things that happen in my (family) life and in (my part of) the world. But from now on I will also start writing on my new Dutch blog...

My tag line for Panda's Ponderings is: But a poor reflection. This is a quote from 1 Corinthians - and by quoting these words I want to stress that my thoughts and ideas are only human thoughts and ideas. God, the source of Life, Wisdom and Love is the One and Only Original. But He made me in His image and it is my life's goal to reflect His glory in everything I do and say. Unfortunately I stumble and fall constantly. Because of that, my life is but a poor reflection of what God - the Source of Light - has intended.

Jesus is the Light of the WorldBut a poor reflection is also a good description of our life here on planet earth - compared to the life that God wants us to enjoy in eternity.

God has put us here on this globe and He knows we are 'only' human. He knows that we are living in a broken, damaged world. He is the only One that can make us whole.


By sending His only Son, Jesus Christ, God has started a new creation. And the good news is: you can be part of that new creation! Jesus lived a perfect life - He is our example, our Lord and Master. He was 100% Son of man and 100% Son of God. He knows exactly what we are going through, because He has lived on this same spoiled and sinful planet. But He was able to resist all the temptations and - as a human being - He learned to obey God perfectly and his life was not but a poor reflection. Jesus is the perfect reflection of God the Father! That is why His death on the cross was a perfect sacrifice that was valuable enough to pay for all our failures, sins and shortcomings in God's eyes. If you accept this good news, you can be made new and you will become a new creation.

Talking about reflections - my new blog is called Reflecties (=Reflections). Sorry, it is all in Dutch, but maybe you can try this. You can also wait until the day that we will all speak the same language - the language of heavenly love!

But even if we remain strangers to each other here on earth - the most important thing in life is that we all learn to understand God's will. And this is the way to discover God's will: ask God to reveal Himself to you and start reading the Bible prayerfully every day. Take your time, don't jump to conclusions - wait for God and meditate on His Word day and night!

Discover the power of prayer. It is not just about talking, it is about being in God's presence. Someone asked Mother Theresa once: "What do you ask God for when you pray?" "Nothing. I just listen." "And what does God say to you?" "Nothing. He just listens."

Sometimes God speaks silently - without words. He knows your heart and He is able to understand your deepest thoughts and He knows all about your most embarrassing secrets. But don't be afraid, you can be open and honest with your Creator! You must learn to recognise God's still, small voice!

My heart says of you, "Seek his face!" Your face, LORD, I will seek... (Psalm 27:8) Blessed are those who have learned to acclaim you, who walk in the light of your presence, O LORD. (Psalm 89:15)

On my new blog I will start with a Bible study about the Gospel of John. If you think that it is difficult to read the Bible, it might be a good idea to join me - even if you can't read Dutch! Feel free to send me an email if you have any questions, I will do what I can to help you. I do hope that the light of God and the love of Jesus will also touch your life. Start reading the Bible with a praying heart and ask God for His guidance. It will change your life!

He (Jesus) was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God. (John 1:10-13)

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son. This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil. Everyone who does evil hates the light, and will not come into the light for fear that his deeds will be exposed. But whoever lives by the truth comes into the light, so that it may be seen plainly that what he has done has been done through God. (John 3:16-21)

No comments: