24.9.05

One walk - three bridges - some thoughts


Click pictures to enlarge
Last time I went for a walk I thought: next time I must take my camera with me! So today I did, and now you can see some of my pics here.




Man, I love to look at the three bridges near our house! These bridges are designed by Spanish architect Santiago Calatrava. Some people are complaining about the high building costs for these extraordinary bridges, but I think that you can't put a price tag on Masterpieces. I just enjoy watching them! I'll also upload some 'evening' pictures in the near future.

Walking from Hoofddorp to Nieuw Vennep (left) and back again (right)

Prayer walks
Walking outside is my 'quiet time'. I need to go walking because I have an office job and it is good for me to have some time to relax, to think and to pray - yes, I do keep my eyes open! The roads are all very straight and there are separate roads for cyclists and pedestrians.

All peace and quiet?
While I was walking today I thought about the people in the US Gulf Coast area - now experiencing the strength of hurricane Rita. My thoughts and prayers are with them! It is so strange to walk in the September sun (!) and think about these things... I know that God is watching over us - even if we don't feel it all of the time and even if we have many unanswered questions left.

I saw these flowers when I came home. It is September, remember?

Click here if you want to see all pictures and feel free to let me know what you think of them!

The Haarlemmermeer polder where we live is "reclaimed land". We are living 4,5 meters below sea level on very fertile soil. We live in Hoofddorp, in the centre of this polder, close to Schiphol Airport. Many people are living here, all loved by God. I guess most inhabitants take everything for granted. Some of us are looking up to the Maker of the universe to thank Him for his protection and the many blessings in our lives. I am just one of them!

No comments: