7.2.05

Neal Morse is my new musical hero...


Neal Morse: "Testimony is a concept record about my spiritual journey. It’s basically my testimony in words, which would take about 15 or 20 minutes to say, with about an hour and forty-five minutes of really intricate music. It’s my testimony put to music."


Testimony Double CD

It's official since Neal Morse's double cd TESTIMONY replaced HOW TO DISMANTLE AN ATOMIC BOMB in my cd player: Neal Morse is my new musical hero! I may have been sleeping for a couple of years, but I had never heard of this multitalented artist until somebody asked me to listen to TESTIMONY in December 2004. This truly is a sensational album and I can highly recommend it to everyone who likes symphonic rock music!
Neal Morse used to be the lead singer of Spock's Beard He also played with the prog rock supergroup Transatlantic, which featured members of Dream Theater, Marillion and the Flower Kings.
Eventhough budgets are tight these days, I had to buy the new ONE album last month as well. And it is worth every single penny!


Neal Morse latest release: One

Just do some googleing - there is a load of information on the internet about Neal Morse.
Read Progwereld for a review of Neal Morse's new album One (reviewed by Eric Groeneweg in Dutch). If you prefer to read a review in English... please try this: Spiritual Progressive Rock Artist Reviews (Great site!). Of course you have to visit the official Neal Morse site if you want to know more about him; this site also offers some great audio tracks! I intend to write some more about the music, the lyrics and about Neal's performance in a small Christian bookstore (!) in Ede, the Netherlands. Yes - I had the privilege of being present at this informal mini gig, together with my brother Frank, his son Milan and my son Robin. Back at home I watched the Testimony DVD until 3:30 in the night.


Testimony Live DVD recorded at the 013 in Tilburg NL

I can't wait to see Neal Morse performing life with a band! The Testimony DVD was recorded in 013 Tilburg in November 2003 - I wish I had known about this back then! Anyway, Neal Morse seems to be a regular visitor to the Netherlands - next time I hope to be in the audience as well.

YES! Ronald, my friendly brother in law, stood in line for a couple of hours last Saturday to get us some tickets for the U2 concert in the Amsterdam Arena next July. Thank you, Ronald - I owe you one! Or two, or three...

No comments: