29.7.06

Listen to Sean!

Sean Dietrich left this comment on my blog some time ago...

Hey, I really enjoy your blog! Thanks for your honest heart and truthfulness, it is refreshing to hear someone be real. Its cool to read about real people who serve Jesus. I am a musician, and I would be honored if you would check out my music. All music on my site is free for download. Anyway, don't want to be a pest, I just thought that I'd share. Thanks,-Sean

I appreciate it when people from all over the world respond to my thoughts and writings, so I checked out Sean's website to find out more about him. I listened to his music and I really liked his voice and lyrics. His style reminded me of Keith Green - especially when I listened to Sean's song Just Plain Nuts After reading these words from Sean's bio, it was clear that Keith Green indeed is one of his musical heroes...

I've played the piano since I was 9, guitar since I was 12, and been singing since I can remember. I am self-taught on all instruments.

My father committed suicide when I was 12, so I used music as an escape from the hurt that accompanied me. Many times I would play the piano for 8 hours a day in solitude.

I met the Lord working on the beach one summer as a beach attendant/life-guard. The Father simply revealed himself to me one day in a personal way that I will never forget. I repented of my sins and he changed me completely.

Within the very first week that I decided to follow Jesus, I discovered some music by an artist named Keith Green. His music was very instrumental in my life, always challenging me with such honest lyrics. Inspired by such honest and challenging music, I immediately began writing songs about following Jesus. Music is something I love, especially if it is helping people by pointing them to Jesus.


Isn't that a great testimony? I just want to praise God for people like Sean and I also praise my Creator for being such a loving Father to the fatherless. Check out Sean's site and download his music FOR FREE! (Yes, I am Dutch).

No comments: