22.7.06

Hopeless cases

Some time ago I did an interview with Tony Anthony (read more about him in recent postings). Tony has an incredible testimony to share. He is a former World Champion Kung Fu (three times), he used to be a top bodyguard - but he also became a murderer, a thief and a convicted criminal... His life completely changed when he came to know the Master Carpenter who is able to restore everything and who will make all things new!

I asked Tony: 'Do you believe that there are any hopeless cases?' I expected him to say, 'No, look at me - I was so far away from God, but still He was able to save me!' But this was not his answer. Instead Tony said something that really humbled me and made me think. 'We are all hopeless cases. Without Christ we are all completely lost,' Tony answered...

Yes, this is something to ponder upon... And it is also a message of hope: God's arms can reach you, even if you feel that you are too far away from him to be rescued. He is only a prayer away - just call upon the name of Jesus and He will be there for you.

Jesus, Son of God, have mercy on me!

...and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations... Luke 24:47 All the prophets testify about him that everyone who believes in him receives forgiveness of sins through his name. Acts 10:43 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. Rom. 8:1,2 I write to you, dear children, because your sins have been forgiven on account of his name. 1 John 2:12

Is that good news or what!?

Yes, Lord Jesus - I really am a hopeless case without you. Thank you for saving me. Thank you for being my friend! I just can't be silent about this. Please Lord, help me to share the good news of forgiveness of sins with as many people as possible. Amen
.
What a friend I've found
Closer than a brother
I have felt your touch
More intimate than lovers
.
Jesus, Jesus
Jesus, friend forever

What a hope I've found
More faithful than a mother
It would break my heart
To ever lose each other
.
Jesus, Jesus
Jesus, friend forever
.
Written by Martin Smith ©1996 Curious? Music UK

No comments: