3.6.05

A Brotha of Colour


In 2004, Jesus was voted greatest black icon of all time by the New Nation newspaper, which prompted a debate about Jesus' skin colour. "Despite the common depictions in Western cultures of Jesus as a blond, blue-eyed hippy looking man, all reasonable evidence points to the fact that Jesus could not have been of Scandinavian extraction and certainly was a brotha of colour," said the paper.
Well, I'm no expert. I think Jesus looked very Jewish, but of course there are many Jewish brothers with a dark skin colour. Come to think of it, He did look like Dutch football player Patrick Kluivert - if you have to believe the anonymous artist who made the beautiful painting on the left hand side.

---------------------------------------------Patrick Kluivert

Whatever. Love comes in all colours and Jesus is truly LOVE and He is the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords! And if you agree with that, you are MY BROTHA (or sista, of course) - no matter what COLOUR!
Can I Get An AMEN? Leave a comment and/or read more

1 comment:

Paul said...

Jesus' Mother and Brothers

Then Jesus' mother and brothers arrived. Standing outside, they sent someone in to call him. A crowd was sitting around him, and they told him, "Your mother and brothers are outside looking for you."

"Who are my mother and my brothers?" he asked.

Then he looked at those seated in a circle around him and said, "Here are my mother and my brothers! Whoever does God's will is my brother and sister and mother."

[Mark 3:31-34 NIV]