11.3.06

What a week!

Robin - Liverpool StreetLast week was very exciting! On Saturday I went to London Stansted with an Easyjet flight - together with my son Robin (13). We had a fantastic day in sunny London (!) and did all the typical things tourists do in a city like this. So here are some sightseeing pics - just to show you how great it really was!
Robin had received special permission from school to stay with me until Tuesday - he is attending a bilingual school - so this was also a great opportunity for him to talk English! Robin stayed with my nephew Kari who lives in Sutton with his wife Helmi and their kids Patrik and Kiara.

On Sunday I went to Notting Hill to meet British author Abidemi Sanusi (Kemi's Journal) and to visit her church Kensington Temple. After sharing lunch together (actually, a very late British breakfast), we went to the London Book Fair - which took place in a new venue in the London Docklands area: the ExCel Exhibition Centre.

Let me show you some pics from Saturday... (Robin took the camera with him during the other days, but didn't take any pictures... but these images will give you an impression).



On Monday I had an appointment with British author Tony Anthony (from the bestselling and award winning book Taming the Tiger - the true story of a former three times World Champion Kung Fu - READ THIS BOOK!) - Dutch title: Getemde Tijger.

I came back on Wednesday to hear that EO (an Evangelical Broadcast Company in the Netherlands) is planning to make a documentary about Tony's story which will be broadcasted on national TV this year! This documentary will be in English, so other (Christian) channels in the world will be able to show this documentary as well. Isn't that great? Tony will come to the Netherlands for a press meeting and for a presentation to Christians who are working in prison ministry. Please let me know if you want to have more information about this!

From Wednesday night until Friday afternoon I have attended the Marketsquare Europe convention - a gathering with representatives from the Christian book trade. I had many interesting meetings with publishing partners from all over Europe and I even did a presentation about the Future of Christian Publishing in Europe (a Word doc and PowerPoint presentation are available if you want to know more about this - just drop me a line!).

Today I visited a Christian book shop in Haarlem - where they had decorated the shop window with my latest book VORM MIJ (= 'Shape Me' - posters, cards and other material about the Potter and the clay...). A CD with beautiful Dutch songs about this same potter & clay theme will be available soon. I've heard the songs already and the CD will really be great! The Lord is doing some incredible things in my life right now - it's just too much to write about on this blog, but if you really want to know more: feel free to ask by leaving a comment or sending an email message. Blessings from the Netherlands!

Bijbel-in Haarlem - VORM MIJ shop window!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was great having you in London last weekend and as for your book, I await the English translation with bated breath. All blessings!

Paul said...

Thank you, Abidemi. I am looking forward to reading your books as well! The visit to KT was impressive - especially for a baptist like me... :-) Blessings!