14.3.06

Check out da'Truth!

Holy Hip HopThis is my dream: Holy Hip Hop in my own language - speaking da'Truth of God's Word - but not in Double Dutch!

On April 1, 2006 we will have a book presentation and a press conference with Tony Anthony, author of 'Taming the Tiger' (CBC Book of the Year 2005). Tony used to be a three times World Champion Kung Fu, a professional body guard and - after everything went totally wrong in his life - a long term guest in Nicosia's state prison on the isle of Cyprus.

Tony is not a rapper (as far as I know), but as a changed man he now wants to bring da'Good News of Jesus Christ in all places, and especially in prisons! I know that Hip Hop music is very popular among prisoners in the Netherlands and it is my desire to produce some ORIGINAL Gospel Gangsta's Holy Hip Hop in our very own Dutch language! I am talking to some people from the Christian music scene in the Netherlands right now and I strongly believe that God will use Christian singers, rappers and dancers to spread da'Good News on the streets of our cities and in all the dark places of our society. Let's bring some joy and let's speak some positive words to the people who desperately need to hear about Messiah Jesus - the Champion of the Universe!

Please pray with me that this dream will come true. If you have any suggestions, drop me a line and let me know. Yes, on Saturday April 1 (Fool's Day, no kidding) I want to see people dancing, rapping and preaching in my church. This must be the kick-off of Holland's Holy Hip Hop Revolution. Any ideas? We need to hear da'Truth in Dutch! So speak up all of you brothers and sista's out there!

I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some. (MC Paul - formerly known as Saul - in 1 Cor. 9)

Again, if the trumpet does not sound a clear call, who will get ready for battle? So it is with you. Unless you speak intelligible words with your tongue, how will anyone know what you are saying? You will just be speaking into the air. Undoubtedly there are all sorts of languages in the world, yet none of them is without meaning. If then I do not grasp the meaning of what someone is saying, I am a foreigner to the speaker, and he is a foreigner to me. So it is with you. (MC Paul - formerly known as Saul - 1 Cor. 14)

No comments: